Observations of a puzzling world

Monday, May 29, 2006

Bicycle related observations

Bicycles are such a wonderful vehicle – they don’t have any emissions, give you exercise, and can come in a variety of styles and colours to match your personality (banana seat coaster with streamers attached to the handle would be my match). Yesterday I saw two strange bicycle-related things. The first I guess is not that strange, but it was a pole that attached to this little kid’s tricycle. The kid’s father was holding the pole like it was the handle to a stroller. Quite ingenious I thought –yet another contraption to keep kids from becoming independent. I bet that kid will have his dad holding onto a pole of his mountain bike when he is a teenager speeding down a muddy hill. But that was not the strangest thing I saw – the strangest was a fellow, riding a normal bike with one hand, and carrying a propane cylinder with his other hand. Not one of those small green coleman propane cylinders – but a big white regular sized propane cylinder. I don’t know how he could ride and hold that thing at the same time - he must have very strong arms. Imagine if he dropped the cylinder while he was riding … the mayhem!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home