Observations of a puzzling world

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Watermelon


One of my most favourite things about summer is Watermelon. It’s so sweet and juicy. Someone told me that when he was growing up, after eating the pinkish melon part, he’d use the white rind to wipe his face clean. I’ve never tried it – but what a great fruit that you can nourish yourself, and clean up with! For me to have watermelon it is a little tricky … I take my folding shopping cart with me to the market, load the watermelon in. I then unload it onto the checkout conveyer belt, and then put it back in my cart after it has been paid for (must lift with the knees!). Then I pull my shopping cart all the way home with this watermelon in it. Finally after I get home I go through the entire process of cutting open the melon. Now usually I don’t mind going through all this effort to cut the melon because it is well worth it. However this last melon I bought was a bit of a disappointment. On the outside of the melon – there is this huge sticker that says “SEEDLESS”. That to me means no seeds (even though those little white seeds are still there- but that’s acceptable). Well this melon had many black seeds, not just one or two. It says seedless though! So what should I do? I was thinking of collecting all of the black seeds and sticking them to the SEEDLESS label, then taking that back to the grocery store. That is clearly false advertising. I wonder if I’d get a refund?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home