Observations of a puzzling world

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

It's May - Let's Celebrate!

The other day I got an email from Air Canada that said “The month of May has always been cause for celebration. And while these days most of us don’t dance round the maypole clutching colored ribbons, that doesn’t mean we don’t know how to have a good time.” Now usually I pass over these emails and move them to the trash bin, but I was very curious what a maypole was. Apparently at some point in time, perhaps during simpler days, I was supposed to dance around one. And colored ribbons – that sounds exciting. Well I learned what a maypole is, and I think it deserves a revival. Fancy footwork and coordination are necessary to wrap all the ribbon around in sync with the music. So anyone who would like to start a maypole dancing club – let me know. It will be a grand time, and will gain in popularity just because of us. Then we can stick it to Air Canada!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home