Observations of a puzzling world

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Food Craze


Lately I’ve been obsessed at looking for new recipes for interesting food items. I watch FoodTV, browse through magazines with recipes, and look up recipes online. I have no idea when I plan on making all of this food (a rack of lamb would last me a very long time), nor do I have the equipment necessary for making everything I find so fascinating (perhaps I should purchase that deep fryer). But it is just fascinating to me that all of this hype and excitement over food. Back in the cavemen days, I wonder if there was such a big thing about food. Hunter-gatherers – would they plan on what they want to find based on a craving that day? How about animals? Dogs seem content to eat the same boring kibble mix day after day. They don’t need Rachel Ray telling them how to make their kibble into a gourmet meal in less than 30 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home