Observations of a puzzling world

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Descriptive!

Yesterday I found myself downtown in a quaint suburb in Southern Ontario. It was one of those typical suburb downtowns: a Dairy Queen, an imposter British Pub, and six beauty salons along a 0.5km strip. While browsing through the local clothing boutique, I overheard many middle-aged ladies in the shop pointing out “Snazzie” clothing items. The jacket was snazzie, the jeans were snazzie. I thought either this is the hippest joint in all of S. Ontario, or these women need to learn some new words. But then I discovered that the brand name of the clothes was “Snazzie”. I think it is a god idea to have a descriptive clothing brand – then your brand is identified AND complemented at the same time. It means so much more to say ‘these are Snazzie pants” than “these are Calvin Klein pants”. Is Calvin Klein snazzie? With Snazzie pants there is no need to ask!

2 Comments:

  • HAHAHAHA

    Just stick to the sex shops.

    By Blogger Vanessa, at 2:18 AM  

  • I know this post was 7 yrs ago but did you happen to remember the name of the shop, or town you were in? I love the Snazzie clothing line but they are mainly in BC and I'm looking for a shop that carries the line here in Ontario.
    Pls email me at nmyb77 at gmail

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home