Observations of a puzzling world

Monday, April 24, 2006

Security Guards


Yesterday I had the privilege of going to a baseball game and viewing it from a “luxury suite”. While there was no Jacuzzi or butler, it was quite a treat to look down on all the saps that had to sit among the rest of the fans and risk getting hit in the head with a baseball. While at the stadium, I came across many individuals that were maintaining a secure environment – or “security guards”. Now I am not sure what you think of when you hear the term “security guards”, but I tend think of someone that has to shop at the big and tall store, can bench-press 1000lbs, and has a name like “Buba”. However the security guards I came across yesterday hardly matched my stereotype. They fit into two primary categories: retired, or college student. The retiree looking security guards couldn’t really keep up with what was going on all the time, and the college student guards could care less about what was happening at the stadium. I’m happy to know that the good people at the Rogers Centre care so much about my security that they hire the very best guards. I wanted to cause a security breech just to see how these guards would react.

Tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home