Observations of a puzzling world

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Yoga mats


When talking to my colleague Rachel yesterday, I noticed a yoga mat close to her desk. Oh this yoga-revolution! We all want to be so calm and nimble. I wonder if the ancient people who started yoga used yoga mats? If they did, I bet they were made of some type of bark or leaves. But yoga mats today are high tech – made of non-slip rubber with straps that help you carry them. I think is interesting how yoga mats look very similar to the non-slip webbing I bough from the dollar store to keep my spoons from sliding to the back of the kitchen drawer. I have a qualm with yoga mats … the fact that you trample over them with bare feet, stretch and pose away, and then just roll them up for use next time. Your feet have bacteria on them – and yoga mats do not look like they are made of bacteria resistant rubber. And often, from what I learn from Rachel, your face comes into contact with the mat. I doubt many people disinfect their yoga mats between sessions, so this could lead to a serious problem. Not athlete’s foot – but athlete’s face! Maybe I need to jump on this yoga bandwagon and start selling disinfectant for yoga mats … hmm… patent pending!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home