Observations of a puzzling world

Friday, May 05, 2006

Mismatched


Do you just step out of the house for a brief while, barely looking presentable, because you are in a rush and expect to be back in the house before anyone you know has a chance to see you? Quick trips to the grocery store are acceptable in jogging pants and flip-flops when you need that one ingredient to finish baking a cake. I often see parents driving to the playing fields to pick up or drop off their children practically in bath robes. Yesterday I was attempting to be “active” decided to go out for a walk. I put on a random pair of jeans and took a jacket since it was getting windy. But it was also sunny so I took a ball cap. This was all in sequence, and really I should have had a look in the mirror before I stepped out of the house – but really – who am I going to see on my walk that will recognize me? So off I go with my haphazardly thrown together outfit listening to my music player. Just as I am enjoying the beautiful spring weather and anticipating the summer where I can continue to be active, I run into someone that I recognize. Now comes the big decision – do I put the brim of my hat down and just keep walking, or do I stop and say hello. Either way I lose – I walk by and insult the person, or I stop and am subject to questioning about my outfit. I chose to stop, and comments on my mismatched clothing were made (in the form of jokes of course). Lesson learned – if you run into someone you recognize and they are dressed in a strange manner - do not comment because it’s rude! There is nothing wrong with wearing mismatched clothes – some may say it's eclectic!

1 Comments:

  • sometimes, i dont' put all my laundry away, and i can't find matching socks in the morning. So i just say to heck with it and wear mismatched socks to work. I figure I'm wearing pants and sitting behind a desk....Nobody says anything.

    you should try it

    By Blogger Vanessa, at 2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home