Observations of a puzzling world

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Time


I am someone who is obsessed with time – everything has to be on time! If I feel I’ll get someplace late, I can feel my heartbeat increase. I’m like the rabbit – there’s no time! I keep the alarm clock in my place ahead by 15 minutes. 15 minutes = 2 snoozes which wakes me up in time to listen to the news on the radio. It’s a bizarre system I know, but it seems to be working for me. First off – there can never be enough clocks in my place. I have two watches, a clock on the microwave, a clock on the tv, the clock on my computer, the clock on my cell phone, and my alarm clock. In the morning I watch Canada AM which also shows a clock on screen. I like Canada AM because it shows the time in my time zone. Other morning TV shows show the time in different time zones and rotate among the zones. I don’t like that. I don’t want to have to calculate what the time is here, I just want to see it – as I said, there’s no time! But sometimes I get tripped up with all of my clocks. With all of my clocks, they are not are actually synchronized. So now I am not sure what the time really is. I try to verify across with the weather network, but it’s time is different than the CTV newsnet time. It’s all very confusing. Imagine if I was a superhero and had to save someone at exactly 10:15 am. There is a very good possibility I wouldn’t be there at 10:15 because of the lack of synchronization going on in my place! It is potentially very dangerous!

1 Comments:

  • Go by the NRC atomic clock... anything with the word atomic must be the scientific apex of time-tracking

    listen to CBC Two at noon and they give a tone so you can synch up with it

    By Blogger Vanessa, at 2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home