Observations of a puzzling world

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Party Crashers


I think it is inevitable to get bugs in your house – but I am always appalled whenever I see one of those creepy-crawly’s in my place. Who let them in? Did they have an invitation? They are like party crashers – uninvited and no one appreciates having them there. I’m always embarrassed of catching a bug in the house when I have visitors over. I feel that I’ll be judged by my visitors as being “Oscar the Grouch-ish” (i.e. living among garbage) if I have a bug in the house. But really I don’t know where they are coming from or how they get in. Maybe they all wait in anticipation at the side of the door, and then when I get home from work they quickly run in and start their party. I don’t know what they expect to find inside the house that they can’t get outside. There is shelter and food outside – probably much more than inside my place. A few days ago I caught this HUGE bug inside the washroom (another place they seem to enjoy being in). I’ve never seen a bug like this one before – I think it must have been an import from the Amazon rainforest. As far as I can rationalize it, coming into the house is a bug vacation. They visit the restaurant (garbage bin), sauna (washroom), and entertainment (they like to be around my TV sometimes). Then after they’ve had a good time, there is nothing else to live for and they are buried at sea (flush!).

1 Comments:

  • HAHAHA Flush indeed!

    Centipedes are the most disgusting species of insect on earth. If I see one, I run around the room maniacally foaming at the mouth with a baseball bat yelling "IT MUST DIE! DIE!!!"

    I think i found a bed bug in the washroom at work. Maybe that's where i got them. Beware the bed bug pandemic!

    By Blogger Vanessa, at 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home