Observations of a puzzling world

Monday, August 28, 2006

The planet elimination show!

Last week a group of Astronomers of the International Astronomical Union gathered in Prague to dismiss Pluto as a planet in our solar system. I can't believe that they kicked Pluto out of the solar system club. I think it's rather mean. I mean just because it's small and far away doesn't mean that it doesn't matter anymore. Also I think these Astronomer's missed out on a prime reality show opportunity. Kicking things out is the recipe to success for reality TV - whether it's getting rid of old stuff you no longer need, eliminating people who really don't have useful talent, or swapping mothers (OK that one doesn't fit all that well), a reality show for Pluto would have been so fitting. Put all the planets in competition with each other and see which planet is the worst. My guess is that it would be that no-good Mercury. What has it done for ME lately?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home