Observations of a puzzling world

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Sticky shoes

It started a few days ago. I ignored it thinking it would go away on its own. The incessant sticking noise! It's driving me mad! I think I must have stepped on some tape or chewing gum. It is making the sole of my shoe stick to the floor with every step that I take. It is so annoying! I keep wiping my shoe on the carpet under my desk but it is not destickifying! It almost sounds like two pieces of velcro being separated each time the sole comes into contact with the floor. In an attempt to assess all the scary stuff my shoes encounter during my commute home I made the following list: Carpet, linoleum (with wet coffee spilled), sidewalk cement, sand on the sidewalk, subway platform, subway train floor, subway stairs (with dry coffee spilled), sidewalk with bird and dog business, grass with strewn garbage (result of a windy garbage day), dirt. I think it's remarkable though how infrequently this happens to me. To think of all the scary stuff that I walk through on a regular basis - and this is the worst reaction? Not bad at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home