Observations of a puzzling world

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

On the beach

After spending a fun-filled week in Paris, we high-tailed it off to the French Riviera to spend some time on the beach. I was looking forward to swimming in the warm waters of the Mediterranean and seeing all the men in their swimwear. Nothing is more wholesome than a pot-bellied, grey haired, 60+ gentleman in a speedo. On my very first day at the beach I discovered that the Mediterranean sun is quite hot – more than hot, perhaps scorching is the right word. It would explain all the leathery skin I saw around the beach. As a result of this scorching sun, and my uneven application of spf 30, I came back to the hotel with a lovely sunburn that outlined my swimsuit. Cherry tomato coloured shoulders really are a good look for me. So at this point I had the entire gamut of sun exposure on my skin: sandal tan, sock tan, t shirt tan, shorts tan, sunglasses tan, and now swimsuit sunburn. Variety really is the spice of life! As a result of all of this, I had to spend the remainder of my beach days under the protection of a Nice Ville supplied canopy. But that didn’t take away from my beach experience… more on that tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home