Observations of a puzzling world

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Bonferroni

This is my new favourite term – Bonferroni. It has something to do with statistical correction (or something like that) … but it doesn’t matter to me. I just like the term Bonferroni because it sounds fun. No doubt named for Senor Bonferroni who was likely a nerdy mathmetician that had no friends until he documented to Bonferroni method. I wonder about these famous people and their famous theories, discoveries, disasters, etc. Fibonacci, Newton, Copernicus, Darwin, Galileo – all these famous folks who had such fun names. So now when we talk about their theories or works – they are informative, important, and have fun names. If I ever become famous for something like this I’ll use a fake name that is super fun. I think I’ll use Gladys Von Hookstar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home