Observations of a puzzling world

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Rolling trouble!

On the weekend I attended the super-crowded Taste of the Danforth. A whole variety of tasty Greek food lining kilometers of Toronto (who could ask for more). This year there were more obstacles in the street than I previously recall … so it required the crowd to turn and dodge around booths advertising tropical juices, bus tours of Italy, and even olive sampling. In an attempt to keep the street clear of litter, Taste of the Danforth workers pull around hand trucks with garbage bins mounted to them. A great idea for transporting litter in an efficient manner. But remember how I said there were several obstacles in the crowded street? Well it is difficult to maneuver a hand truck full of garbage around a crowded, obstacle filled street. So difficult in fact that innocent Taste of the Danforth visitors were getting hit by the handtrucks. Innocent visitors like me! My poor ankle was attacked by a garbage bin handtruck! Of course the worker was extremely apologetic (I’m sure she didn’t want me to sue her), and I did my best not to shed any tears because the last thing that crowded street needed was the commotion of the first aid brigade coming to my attention. But for the last few days I have carried the memory of tasty Greek food, and dangerous garbage bins with me every time I step with my right foot.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home