Observations of a puzzling world

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Korean BBQ

A few days ago my colleagues and I visited an “ethnic restaurant” for lunch. It was a Korean BBQ. I’m not really sure what was so Korean about it. There was this tiny bowl of kimji, but other than that I couldn’t figure out what made it Korean. There was this grill in the middle of the table which is a burn hazard to say the least. I don’t know if in Korea they have grills in the middle of the table – but I think the novelty of that would wear off fairly quickly. Anyway – there we were at the Korean BBQ and they brought out a whole wack of raw food. I was shocked – I have to cook my own food! What is the purpose of going to a restaurant if you have to cook your own food? So there is no chef in the background there? It’s just a fridge and a table. Smart restaurant – imagine how much money they save in labour costs if they don’t have to hire cooks? Now here is the strangest part of the restaurant – they expect you to cook at your table but they don’t give you aprons to protect your clothes. Even when you go to a seafood restaurant you order a lobster they give you a bib so that you don’t get lobster juice on you!

2 Comments:

  • I love the place, especially since its all you can eat :) $10 for all the meat you want is an awesome deal even if you have to cook it yourself.

    By Blogger A Shizzle, at 12:16 PM  

  • Yeah I just say be careful if the peeps you're with dont know what they're doing.... like when they throw the seafood and the chicken on at the same time, and the salmonella spreads to everything. Or when they put things on randomly and you can't remmenber how long something's been cooking... THE BADNESS IN MY STOMACH!!

    By Blogger Vanessa, at 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home