Observations of a puzzling world

Monday, August 14, 2006

A long stay

This week has a historic day for me – it marks my one-year anniversary in my current apartment. For the last 8 years I have been a nomad, moving about 3 times a year. My previous record for staying in a single place was eight months. But here I am now, topping that. It is very strange for me to stay in a single place for so long. Looking in my storage cupboard I noticed several empty boxes that I saved since last year in case I had to move again. It’s rather strange to consider how long you’ve been living in the same place. For me it doesn’t seem like a year at all – primarily because I don’t think I have a lot to show for it. That’s the thing about rentals I think – it’s not my place, so I’m not going to go to a lot of effort over it. I’ll keep it clean and livable, but beyond that is just too much. I’m not going to make this place a great living space just to move out and have someone else appreciate it! What do I look like – Martha Stewart (minus the money and criminal record)?

2 Comments:

  • I agree with you, I believe I will find it really odd to stay at a place (heck a city) for more than four months. I think co-op/Waterloo gives you the feeling that nothing is permanent.

    Congrats on your anniversary :)

    By Blogger A Shizzle, at 11:08 AM  

  • Well, you have been seen at parties with Martha.

    By Blogger Vanessa, at 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home