Observations of a puzzling world

Friday, August 18, 2006

The kid behind the bushes

Yesterday on my way home I saw a little boy relieving himself behind the bushes in the park by my house. It was weird – probably because that park has a washroom just on the other side of the bushes. Seeing that little kid I felt very embarrassed for him. Not because he was urinating in the bushes, but because his mom, standing on the sidewalk in front of the bushes, didn’t really seem disturbed that he was doing this. I think she was standing by the stroller chatting on her cell phone. What is the age that it becomes not-ok to pee in the bushes? On the rest of my walk home I wondered what would become of this little boy. Maybe having the freedom to go in the bushes will make him a free spirit hippie? Or maybe he will become a Nobel laureate? Or maybe the kid just had to pee and that’s it.

2 Comments:

  • there is no age limit... as a guy, nature is your urinal :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:57 AM  

  • what is this?! you come back from vacation and stop blogging daily?? What am I supposed to do on the days I go in to work on the weekend? Do you expect me to start work right when I arrive? I can't just jump into things, I need time to settle in with some worldly news and other internet surfing. sheesh!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home