Observations of a puzzling world

Friday, August 25, 2006

Hotel services and amenities

A few days ago I was looking at a website for a hotel that I will be staying at in a few months. It looked quite nice – fitness room, swimming pool, and a 4 star restaurant. How fancy! I browsed around to find the hotel services and amenities page. This is always good to look at because it’s important to know if there will be a hair dryer in your room for styling your hair before hitting the town. I didn’t write this in the posts on my trip to France, but there were the strangest hair dryers in the hotel rooms there. They looked more like mini vacuum cleaners and didn’t have an on/off switch. They just switched off when you put the dryer back on the wall. But anyway… back to this hotel. So it didn’t list if there was a hair dryer in each room (I’m sure there is, but I like to double check). But one of the items listed under the hotel services was “smoke detectors and sprinklers”. I had no idea that this was a hotel luxury service – here I thought it was something that just made good sense. So check those hotel websites carefully to make sure that the hotel has smoke detectors and sprinklers. I wonder what effect this service has on the star rating?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home