Observations of a puzzling world

Friday, June 02, 2006

Fruit Thieves


Earlier this week I saw a news report that students at an elementary school had planted fruit trees two years ago in the anticipation that they would be able to enjoy some fresh cherries from their school garden. However a few days back thieves uprooted the trees and stole them, leaving only empty holes in the ground. Now I ask you – who would do something like this? And how could someone not notice fruit trees getting stolen? It’s not like a bank heist – in and out quickly. It takes time to pull up to the school, dig the trees out of the ground, load them into a vehicle, and take off. The thieves must have wanted to keep the trees intact, so they probably took some time in making sure the trees didn’t get damaged along the way. And through all of this no one noticed the trees getting stolen? Imagine the planning that went into this… all the gardening equipment and transportation tools that were needed to steal these cherry trees from the school. As a public service announcement I ask you to look around your neighborhood to see if anyone has recently planted cherry trees … you never know who fruit tree thieves are! If I were a thief, I’d be one with a lasting impression. If I stole the cherry trees, I’d leave a bottle of maraschino cherries behind for the kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home