Observations of a puzzling world

Thursday, June 01, 2006

AC


OK so it is hot, smoggy, and gross here in Toronto. We already know that – and of course there is more to come. So what can we do to counteract this heat and not go loco? Most people opt to turn on their air conditioners – so in addition to the smell, humidity, and heat there is more noise. Now I appreciate air conditioning very much. It would be difficult to sit through a three-hour film in a theater without AC. But there should be some AC guidelines. To me it seems that this is how AC works – take the temperature outside, put a minus sign on it and make that the temperature for the inside. It is so difficult to dress in weather like this – hot outside and frigid inside. The opposite of winter, you’ve got to dress up when you come in. Perhaps this nerdy engineer’s air conditioner will do a better job of keeping us cool without turning us into a popsicle.

1 Comments:

  • I love that homemade AC site. It came to my attention last summer when I was in the middle of brewing a batch of wine. I thought it would be great to come inside from the heat to relax with some homemade AC and quench my thirst with my homemade wine. By the by, it’s pretty hot and gross down here too; I can hardly wait until Summer really starts up and Windsor can begin to live up to it’s title (in my mind anyway) as the sweaty crotch of Canada.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home