Observations of a puzzling world

Thursday, March 02, 2006

The slogan masters

Yesterday morning while commuting to work, I had the privilege of sitting next to the mayor of this great city. He was very friendly, greeting people with a warm “Good Morning” as they did a double-take when seeing him. One subway rider asked the mayor if he takes the train every day. He responded by saying “It’s the better way” – quoting the slogan for the transit system. It was a perfect promotional moment, and really it’s a shame that there were no TV news crews with us on the train. The fact that he chose to use the transit slogan made me think about politicians and the things that they say. Politicians are notorious slogan users. I think it’s because slogans are easier to use than one’s own thoughts. I wonder what politicians are like when they are at home? Do they speak to their family in slogans? This dinner was finger licking good! Is the laundry done – I never wear black without the blue! How was my day? Give me 22 minutes and I’ll give you the world! I think though its time for a politician to step down when they say “it does a body good” instead of “got milk?”

Technorati tags: ,

1 Comments:

  • David Miller : "A man of the people!"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home