Observations of a puzzling world

Sunday, February 26, 2006

I’m looking for my doctor ...

It happens to everyone. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. Sometimes you just dial the wrong number on the phone by accident. Numbers can get mixed up, and with those tiny number-pads on mobile devices, it’s easy press the wrong number by mistake. But once you dial the wrong number – what do you then do? If you are intending to call a family member, and instead call the Hawaii Hilton my mistake – do you just hang up? Perhaps you apologize that you have dialed the wrong number. Or, since you’ve already called – might as well inquire they have any specials for the upcoming summer season. I don’t mind if someone dials my number in error because you never know when you’ll make new friends. Sometimes the dialers insist that they have dialed the correct number. I once received the argument that “No I’m looking for my doctor – this IS his number.” He was so adamant that he had dialed the right number that I was tempted to prescribe him two aspirin and tell him to call back in the morning. If you dial the wrong number, don’t just hang up when someone on the other end answers – that just screams “rude stalker”, and rude stalkers are the worst type of stalkers!

Technorati Tag:

1 Comments:

  • You should have played along and set up an appointment ...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home