Observations of a puzzling world

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Shoe soupspoon


Do you use a shoehorn? I use a shoehorn every day because I am too lazy to open the laces of my shoes. But shoehorns are not very common – you used to get them in hotels along with the soap and shower caps. Now you hardly see them. There is something about the shoehorn that screams “Old Man” – but I disagree. They are a great invention. Putting on shoes is a breeze with a shoehorn. You don’t bend the back of your shoe, or damage your index finger trying to squeeze your foot into the shoe. There are many types of shoehorns – from the conventional boring ones, to wacky ones you can get at Ikea. But the name “shoehorn” is so strange. Its not really a horn – because otherwise you’d be able to blow into it and a loud sound would come out of the end. After that thing has been around your feet for a while – don’t put it in your mouth! And it’s not like a horn on a bull - it doesn’t poke and hurt you. It’s gentle and helpful. I thought shoe soupspoon might be a better name for this marvelous tool.

1 Comments:

  • there was this one shoehorn that I saw at someone's house that was at least two feet tall so you REALLY did not have to bend down. I should get a shoe horn, only I don't know where to get one in Malaysia. I have running shoes that don't have a loop and the back keeps on bending in bc I don't untie my shoes before putting the shoes on!!!

    By Blogger twm, at 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home