Observations of a puzzling world

Monday, February 27, 2006

I’ll buy one because he’s selling it!

If there is one thing that I have learned from “The fabulous life of…” it’s that celebrities make loads of money from endorsements – much more than they make practicing their talent. It makes sense for Tiger Woods to advertise golf equipment and apparel - seems to be in his line of work. It’s a shame that you don’t play as well as Tiger when you wear his brand golf shirt. There are some celebrity endorsements that are head scratchers – Dan Marino has his own line of mattresses. Apparently Quarterbacks are experts in the science of sleep. Maria Sharapova endorses digital cameras – they are so small she can take pictures while she’s playing. The Simpsons advertise Butterfinger chocolate bars. Now I’ll buy what Dan Marino and Maria Sharapova tell me what to buy – but I don’t trust chocolate bars that The Simpsons endorse … they don’t even have taste buds! I’m a savvy consumer and they can’t fool me!

Technorati Tags: , ,

2 Comments:

  • What is "The Fabulous Life of... " ? Is this a book? a show? Am I missing out?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:26 AM  

  • They do too have taste buds!!! Otherwise homer wouldn't have had to coat his stomach with candle wax before eating that uber hot pepper! Sheesh... and you call yourself a simpsons fan :P

    ps. the fabulous life of is a tv show, and no, you're not missing out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home