Observations of a puzzling world

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Recycling Day!

Yesterday was recycling day in my neighborhood. Its always an exciting day – not because of the stench of fermented cola, but because it’s a great time to analyze your neighborhoods. But first, on the stench – for courtesy to the recycling pick-up people (and I’m sure for a variety of other reasons), please rinse your containers and bottles before recycling. It’s just a nice thing to do. Now back to analyzing your neighbors - glancing at their recycling bins is a way to figure out what they are up to. If they are very healthy people, you can get a look at what they are eating by the boxboard they throw out. Yesterday I saw that one of my neighbors threw out an empty box of hemp plus cereal – good to know! Based on the amount of wine bottles they recycle you can conclude they are great entertainers (or perhaps just closet drinkers). I saw empty boxes of “Extra Sweet Pineapples” and “The World’s Greatest Avocados”. I’m not sure how produce companies can make these outrageous claims – but I’m glad to see that I live in a neighborhood with discriminating taste.

Tags: ,

2 Comments:

  • Rummaging through garbage now Munira? You're starting to worry me ...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:18 AM  

  • i wonder what people think when i recylce my 4L jar of olives!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home