Observations of a puzzling world

Monday, March 06, 2006

Cure for dysfunctional families...

Nanny 911” is a show about a British nanny who helps families that are in desperate need of advice. When channel surfing, I frequently catch a little bit of an episode, and am always surprised at what I see. First off – I am very curious how families end up on this show. Is it an open call for auditions? “We are seeking out the most dysfunctional family in the world”. Or perhaps you can nominate families? Either way, this show is very strange – because the type of families they spotlight makes you wonder what is happening to our society. I cannot fathom families being in such disarray – I used to be under the assumption that families who had minivans had themselves pulled together quite well. Apparently though, the minivan just masks the chaos of these families. By the end of the show, the families have done a complete 180. They are happy, cooperative, and supportive – all because of the insights of the wonderful British nanny. I am a little skeptical of this - I know kids can be a handful, but this show is just extreme. Now here is my theory – during filming of the first show, the kids are fed only pixie sticks and given a tone of new toys. During the week of filming, the novelty of the toys wears off and the kids go back to their normal diet. Therefore by the end of the week the kids are perfectly behaved and it appears that the Nanny has saved the family. If my theory does not prove to be true – anyone who watches this will think twice before having kids!


Tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home