Observations of a puzzling world

Monday, September 24, 2007

Obsessive

How do you know when you are acting in an obsessive manner? I never really considered myself to be someone who is obsessive. I typically lose interest in something about 10 minutes after I learn of it - but every now and again I'll take a moment to think about what I'm doing and realize that there is something off. Take for example my activities over the last 12 hours. I've only sat at my computer during that time for about 45 minutes, and in that time I've listened to a new song that I downloaded from iTunes 12 times. So essentially I've listened to that song over and over, every time I've been at my computer. I bet I have other activities like this that I don't even realize I am doing repeatedly. I'm going to start installing counters on everything to determine - and then diagnose myself as obsessive. I bet I could take sick-leave for that!

** as a follow up, as soon as I posted this and turned off the computer (and the song I am obsessed with), I turned on the radio and the same song was on! So clearly the universe is forcing my obsessive behaviours!

1 Comments:

  • i'd be even more sympathetic if you told us, your faithful readers who have missed you so, which song....

    wmemh: a meme that causes one to stop and pay attention to it

    By Blogger Matthew, at 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home