Observations of a puzzling world

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Dear Readers,

Happy New Year to you!

I know I have been a truant when it comes to blogging, but I promise a few entertaining posts in the coming days. I've been on the west coast - where having to wait for a full set of traffic lights is considered "traffic", and not seeing your neighbors for two days is cause for concern. Needless to say there isn't much emphasis put on using a computer, let alone blogging. I can tell you though that over here we have the fanciest telephone that I've ever used. There are two handsets that you can use to call each other! It's so complicated that anytime I go to answer the phone I am convinced that I've done something wrong.

Quite a lot has happened over the past few weeks, including:
- packing up every single thing I own into boxes and moving everything across the country
- moving myself across the country (I didn’t have a box large enough for myself)
- hanging out on the lovely west coast
- going shopping for a new (used) car
- holiday shopping
- moving to the prairies (I’m wearing a toque and gloves on the plane so I’m prepared when I get there)

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday, spent quality time with their family (but not too much time), ate some tasty food, and had some good clean fun.

Happy 2007!
- m

2 Comments:

  • Hey! hope the transitions going smoothly. Having concerned neighbours is a super good sign :D

    V

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:40 PM  

  • Wow, you got a lot done! Friendly neighbours, talking to people instead of using the internet, double handled phones - what a strange new world ;)
    Sounds like everything is going well. Keep us posted. You'll tempt us to move West.

    By Blogger lmac, at 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home