Observations of a puzzling world

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Baking

I’m not much of a baker … I’m fairly convinced that anything that I wish to bake will taste much better if I just purchase it from a bakery. Bakers are professionals after all. I don’t understand the concept of trying to one-up the baker. No one challenges the butcher – you’re not going to bring live chickens into your house and prepare them yourself for cooking. How about a dairy farmer? Have you got a cow in your backyard just to prove that you can do a better job than a baker? And don’t get me started on the fish monger! There are two advantages of baking at home: 1. Your kitchen gets warm and toasty from the oven being on … but electricity doesn’t grow on trees! 2. You get a pleasant smell in your house as the item is getting baked. Pleasant until it gets burned … then you just get that charred smell.

1 Comments:

  • I totally agree, I can cook anything but when it comes to baking, forget it!

    By Blogger Just Me, at 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home