Observations of a puzzling world

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Knowledge

I often tell people that if there is any useless piece if information that they seek - come to me because likely I will have their answer. Yesterday we were having a discussion about the show "Breaker High" when I shared with everyone the name of Ryan Gossling's roommate in the show (Jimmy). I'm full of useless information - which is why I enjoy Jeopardy so much. But yesterday I read this story that put my useless knowledge to shame.

A Japanese mental-health counsellor has recited pi up to 100,000 decimal places, setting what he claims to be a world record. Akira Haraguchi, 60, needed more than 16 hours to recite the number to 100,000 places, breaking his personal best of 83,431 digits set in 1995.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home