Observations of a puzzling world

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

What happened Spidey?

When I was younger I would watch the Spider-Man cartoon on television. Spider-Manwas so cool – swinging from building to building with the web that came out of his wrists. I used to flick my wrists and expect a web to come flying out. How cool would that be if I could swing all around my house with a web that came out of my wrist! I can’t say I’m still a huge Spider-Man fan – I saw the films but I don’t keep up with all things Spidey. But what I do know is that Spider-Man really keen on science, but he was really shy – until a radioactive spider bit him. Spiderman was and always should remain cool and brave. It is such a shame that the people at Hasbro have decided that the next generation of children should see Spider-Man in a different light. They’ve decided that Spider-Man needs to be soft, cute and cudley … and should be a snappy dancer as well! So they’ve created the Itsy Bitsy Spiderman – you’re friendly neighborhood Spider-Man that’s ready to boogie! It is no wonder that kids are so messed up. What fond memories of superheroes will these kids have … that they were taught the Polka?

1 Comments:

  • The Polka is a very important dance that ALL kids should learn!!! And who better to teach them than spidey?!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home