Observations of a puzzling world

Friday, October 27, 2006

Tossing out the first one

Do you toss out the first pancake that you make? Apparently the first one is supposed to be thrown out because it’s not suitable for consumption (or maybe because it’s not perfect looking). I quite like the first pancake – probably because it’s the most unique one of the batch – and I’m a firm believer in non conforming breakfast food. I wonder if they toss out pancakes at the international house of pancakes. I bet they just put those first pancakes in the middle of the stack where they are less noticeable. How about crapes? Does the same policy apply? I’ve never made crapes at home, but I’d imagine that the first crape made on the pan would follow the same pattern as its cousin the pancake. I’m not sure about French toast though… I have a feeling that all French toast looks the same – tasty! It seems very wasteful to be tossing out pancakes just because they don’t look great. Please save them for me – I’ll eat them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home