Observations of a puzzling world

Thursday, October 05, 2006

What's in a name?

What’s a good name for a pet? I’m very unimaginative when it comes to pet names. If I had a dog the only name I could think for it is “Rover”. I had fish when I was younger, and they didn’t have names. Probably a good idea since they only lived for about a week. No sense in naming something with such a short lifespan. We name pets, but we don’t name houseplants. Seems strange to me, since houseplants live for a very long time, and respond to touch and activity in the house. I’d name my ficus “Ivy” just to confuse the other plants. I came across this list the other day for popular pet names – apparently as of late, “human names” are very common for pets.

Dogs: 1. Max, 2. Bailey, 3. Buddy, 4. Molly, 5. Maggie, 6. Lucy, 7. Daisy, 8. Bella, 9. Jake, 10. Rocky.

Cats: 1. Max, 2. Tigger, 3. Smokey, 4. Tiger, 5. Chloe, 6. Shadow, 7. Lucy, 8. Angel, 9. Oliver, 10. Simba.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home