Observations of a puzzling world

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Art

I try to stay up to date with the cultural scene … art, music, photography, drama. I don’t always know about what’s new in art or the like – but that’s what the arts section of the newspaper is for. I like to read about famous furniture makers, artists and musicians – understanding the history behind their craft and gaining an appreciation for it. This past weekend there was an art event called “Nuit Blanche” in downtown Toronto which was an all night modern art exhibit all around the downtown area. When first hearing about it, I thought I would put on my black turtle neck and beret and head on out for a night of culture. But the night before Nuit Blanche I saw a news story about it on television. I decided the event wasn’t for me when this exhibit was highlighted: two poets standing in an alleyway, “dueling” with megaphones and poetry. Yes – they shout poetry at each other though bullhorns. All I can say is – I don’t get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home