Observations of a puzzling world

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Matrix matrix

Yesterday I took a different route home than I usually do. The walk took me through a residential area with several 4-way stops. I’m not a fan of the 4-way stop simply because I feel very nervous when it is my turn to go through the intersection. Should I go? Should I wait? Is he going to wait? Did she see me? OK I’m going to go – no wait he’s going now. All of this anxiety is why I don’t drive. I find when I’m walking I just walk. Everyone has to cater to ME! Actually I’m sure that’s not the way it’s supposed to be, but I figure that they are in a warm and protective car … and I’m out here facing the elements and pollution – so they can give me a break and let me cross the street. So anyway, back to the 4-way stop. As I approached the intersection a black Toyota Matrix went through the intersection. Immediately afterward a white Toyota Matrix went through in the opposite direction. I thought that was a bit funny, so after I walked through the intersection I looked back and a third Toyota Matrix (this time in red) went through the same intersection. Three Toyota Matrix in a row! It was trippy … a matrix of Matricies. I guess that’s an indication of a residential area - everyone owns the same family vehicle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home