Observations of a puzzling world

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Child proofing...in the house

One of the most annoying things in the world, I find, is household child proofing. Now don’t get me wrong – I don’t want any children hurting themselves while in the house – but child proofing and I are not friends. I hate those things that don’t let the cabinets open. I know they are supposed to prevent kids from drinking the fun coloured, but extremely dangerous, Mr Clean. If kids are anything like I was when I was a kid – I’ll figure out how to open that cabinet. It would make more sense to me to store the Mr Clean in a safer place than a cabinet that is right at the level of a little kid. But instead parents just keep it where all kids can see it, and then board up the cabinet so that no one can get to it. I don’t think there was any child proofing in my house when I was young … and I’m still alive. So either I was an extremely resilient kid, or we didn’t have any Mr Clean when I was young.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home