Observations of a puzzling world

Friday, September 08, 2006

The man with the hamster

Yesterday on my way home I noticed a perfectly normal looking man acting strangely on the subway platform. Not that it is all that remarkable - everyone that takes the subway acts strangely (including myself). As he walked past me I noticed that he was stroking a hamster. This tiny little rodent in his hand was giving him much pleasure. He would bring it close to his mouth and whisper sweet-nothings into the hamster's ear. After we got on the train, I noticed the man no longer had the hamster in his hand. Where could it have gone? Did he pitch it into the depths of the tracks (to live with the other rodents underground)? Did he put it into his man-bag? Well mystery solved when i saw a little hamster head sticking out of the bottom button of his shirt - he threw it down his shirt! For the remainder of the train ride he kept poking at his shirt ... I'm sure he was trying to ensure the hamster didn't run into his pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home