Observations of a puzzling world

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Jingles

Yesterday evening I wanted to catch up on my TV viewing ... so I tuned into quality, cultural, OMNI television. I noticed old-school songs used as background music in several advertisements: The Pointer Sisters "I'm so excited" and Petula Clark's "Downtown" are both used in cell phone ads. Now I'm guessing that these songs were not originally intended to be used for promotion. I'm sure the Pointer Sisters really were very excited and they just couldn't hide it, and that Petula Clark really did enjoy going downtown - and neither artists were talking about cell phones! I wonder which songs will be used for promotion purposes in the future? Gnarles Barkley's "Crazy" for Prozak? Maybe Shakira's "Hips don't lie" for women's clothing? All these singles will put jingle writers out of a job!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home