Observations of a puzzling world

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Self Haircuts

If you were the best hairdresser around, who would you get to cut your own hair? Could you trust any other hairdresser to cut and style your hair? It’s a question for the ages! If I was the best hairdresser, I would cut and style a wig, and then wear that around. That way I could style it myself and be able to sport my own work (I’m always thinking!). I read that one celebrity hairdresser cuts his own hair – on his head, not on a wig. Some of the tips that he had for cutting your own hair included: Take it slowly. Cut hair when it's dry. Don't cut straight lines. For short styles, don't bother with a mirror; feel around your head, pulling each section and trimming. He adds that "sometimes I'll cut my hair outside by looking at my shadow." I have a feeling that if I tried his tactics, I wouldn’t be too pleased with the results - especially if it is a cloudy day out (where’s the shadow then!!!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home