Observations of a puzzling world

Monday, September 11, 2006

The bookshelf

I have a bookshelf that drives me crazy every day. It contains a bunch of different books - about 50% of which I've never read. Darn those garage sales and their 50 cent books! I purchased books by authors of books that I've read in the past, Giller Prize winning books, Booker prize winning books, and books that looked good based on the cover (I followed convention on those ones). I have such nobel intentions in purchasing these books. If it is famous and critically acclaimed, then I SHOULD read it! I need to be in that elite group of individuals that analyses fine literature and applies it to my daily life. But instead of reading, I opt to watch my television, where I watch HBO and then apply new curse words to my vocabulary. The bookshelf taunts me because the TV sits atop of it - maybe I should just move the TV .. that is much easier than reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home