Observations of a puzzling world

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Toenails

This past weekend I was discussing my sock woes with a few friends. I was telling them how on a recent trip to the airport I had to remove my shoes at the security lineup only to discover that I had a hole in my sock at the toe! How embarrassing! Now that hole was not there when I put my sock on … and this was not the first time that it happened. I am convinced that the toenail on my big toe is really mean and likes to rub up against the sock and the top of my shoe. I know – it’s a scandal! Early all of my socks have been mended because there is a hole near the toe. I read in the newspaper yesterday that fingernails grow four times faster than toenails. Well Mother Nature forgot to tell my fingernails and toenails that! But just as an interesting extra - the middle fingernail grows fastest; the thumb slowest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home