Observations of a puzzling world

Friday, November 10, 2006

Laughing yoga

Did you know that laughter can heal you? I read about laughter yoga classes that encourage people to laugh for 15-20 minutes at a time. It’s laughing for no reason – no jokes or skits … just laughing. Apparently the body cannot tell the difference between real laugher of fake laughter – and laughter decreases stress hormones, thus boosting the immune system. My eyes always tear up when I laugh for real, so I wonder if they’d tear up when I fake laugh? I like the idea of this laughing yoga – because you don’t have to get down on a yoga mat and act like a tree or fish or anything. Unless you want to be a laughing tree or laughing fish. I’d like to see “office laughing yoga” similar to the office yoga poses I see in the newspaper. These are poses you can do discretely at your desk to keep yourself limber. I can’t see any harm in spontaneously bellowing at your desk in an attempt to increase your immunity.

MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

1 Comments:

  • Great picture of the laughing cat. Yes, laughter and Yoga are a great combination.

    www.yogadawg.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home