Observations of a puzzling world

Monday, November 13, 2006

Waiting in line...

This past weekend I decided to go to a "designer sale" held at a HUGE warehouse. I was very excited about this sale ... and thought I had planned my visit to the sale very well. I had never been to anything like this before, so I didn't really know what to expect... and it turns out I was a bit naive on how popular this sale would be. There were lineups for EVERYTHING ... a lineup to get into the building, a lineup to get to the clothes, a lineup that literally went around the building to pay, and then a lineup to get out. I couldn't believe it. Of course I left my music player at home, so I didn't have much to keep me busy while waiting in line. When I got home I looked up ways to pass the time while waiting in line. Several websites offer tips .. below are a few of my favourites:
* Loudly ask “Who is cooler: Obi Wan or Vader?” Move to the front of the line through the resulting confusion.
* If the day is particularly busy for you, this is a good time to not do anything except wait. Use waiting time as a time to calm down, find your focus, and relax - perhaps a time to try out the laughter yoga?
* Blink wildly and then close your eyes really tight for an interesting light show
* Try and sound Welsh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home