Observations of a puzzling world

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Tangled and twisted

I’m a bit neurotic … but whenever my the cord for my telephone at my desk is all twisted and tangled up, I have to disconnect the cord and straighten it out. I don’t know why the twisting bothers me so much – but I HAVE to have it straightened out. I’d likely think about it all evening long if I didn’t straighten it out. I read these tips in the newspaper on how to prevent the tangled chord – and prevention is better than having to fix it later on!
1. Always use the non-dominant hand to pick up and hold the receiver, so avoiding changing hands when writing anything down.
2. If you put the receiver down during the call, then pick it up the same way.
3. Don't let anyone else use the phone unless they abide by rules 1 and 2.
I think the person who wrote these tips is more neurotic than me. My solution is to just get a cordless phone.

1 Comments:

  • They make little rotator things to keep the phone cord untangled - you should check them out.

    - Jim

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home