Observations of a puzzling world

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Chewing gum

I don’t really like chewing gum. For several reasons really: I don’t like the idea of simulated fruit flavours, I don’t like putting something strangely artificially coloured in my mouth, and I don’t like the idea of chewing on something that has a rubbery consistency. I also don’t like it when other people chew gum – for some of the same reasons, but mainly because some people chew gum like how a cow chews grass … obnoxiously. I’d never stop someone from chewing gum … this is just one of those things that I keep to myself and think about later on. I was convinced that there was nothing good that could come out of chewing gum. Sure you can chew gum to keep yourself awake while driving, or chew gum to try to quit smoking … but there seems to be alternatives to keeping yourself awake or quitting smoking. Yesterday I read that new chewing gum will be available next year that is made with bacteria that can fend of cavities. This good bacteria in the gum can stop the bad bacteria from harming the tooth’s surface. I think we need to reintroduce the concept of brushing your teeth.

1 Comments:

  • I love gum but my friend is a vegitarian is gum made of animal i think it is but she thinks otherwise

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home