Observations of a puzzling world

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Confidence

I came across this in the newspaper a few days ago. I didn't write it - but I think that it's strangeness speaks for itself. I think i'll use the beetroot strategy myself.

"The woo-woo way"

Roz Lewis of Britain's Daily Express has compiled "steps to super confidence" from self-help authors, including:

"Imagine you have an energy field surrounding you full of holes," says Lynette Allen, author of Behind With the Mortgage and Living Off Plastic (Crown Publishing). "Think of those holes as leaking your confidence away. Then imagine blocking up all the leaks, so you are keeping your energy and positivity inside you."

Confidence, in terms of energetic systems, is determined by the strength of your liver, says Barefoot Doctor (http://www.barefootdoctorworld.com). "Raise liver energy by eating half a cooked beetroot at lunchtime and say to yourself, 'I now find myself highly pleasing in the presence of others.' By dinner time, you will be the life and soul of the party."

Carry a crystal: Carnelian or orange amber are said to inspire confidence and courage, according to Cassandra Eason, author of The Illustrated Directory of Healing Crystals (Collins & Brown). Soak newly bought crystals in water overnight to cleanse and then use.

1 Comments:

  • I find drinking a platter of shots of Jägermeister makes me the life and soul of a party… but I thank you for this beetroot idea. Beetroots would be less controversial in the workplace.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home