Observations of a puzzling world

Friday, June 16, 2006

Parched

I had a salty lunch yesterday, so on my walk home I felt thirsty. Well maybe not thirsty – maybe parched. I don’t know which (or if it makes a difference) but I really would have liked a glass of water. It was likely the combination of the salty lunch and chatting with Caterina about all things Italian on the subway ride home. Nevertheless - I was parched. Whenever I am parched I am like a nomad lost in the desert – and everything looks like an oasis. I saw someone watering their lawn and was tempted to ask if I could drink from their garden hose. I was imagining how bad it is for my body to be so deprived of water. Maybe my muscles would seize up, or my eyeballs would dry out. The next time I blinked maybe my eyelids wouldn’t come back up. A terrible feeling. The usual 10 minute walk felt like hours, and when I finally got home, filled up a glass with water and attempted to drink it – I somehow managed to drop it and spill water all over the counter. I bet my hand wasn’t gripping properly because I was so parched!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home