Observations of a puzzling world

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Walk of Fame

Alex Trebek from Jeopardy just received a star on Canada’s Walk of Fame. So now he has two stars – one in Toronto and one in Hollywood. I’m not sure how I would feel about having a star on a walk of fame. Is it really prestigious for people to walk all over your names and birds to do their business on your star? I’d hire a guard for my star so that it always remains in pristine condition. I can’t believe that tourists are drawn to these stars on the ground. I’m sure there are other pieces of cement in the world that are more important than the stars. Would the sidewalk outside the White House as much attention as Alex Trebek’s star in Hollywood? Maybe only if Alex Trebek has walked there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home