Observations of a puzzling world

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Final Jeopardy

Every now and again I manage to catch Jeopardy on TV. It must be one of the longest running game shows on TV. I always think that I would do so well on Jeopardy – except for the Arts and Opera questions. I think the strategy on that game is to ring in as fast as possible – because sometimes you see contestants going crazy with their ringer-inner and press the button over and over in attempt to ring in first. I always of course have to say the response out loud when I know the question to the clue on the show – even if there is no one around. At least I can prove my smartness to myself. I don’t like the get-to-know-the-contestants part of the show … probably because the contestants always feel they need to share the most ridiculous stories/hobbies/interests with Alex Trebek. It’s a given that the contestants on Jeopardy are a bit strange – they don’t need to make it worse by talking about themselves. My favorite part of the show is Final Jeopardy because anytime I know the answer to the clue I feel like I’m the smartest person in the world. It’s Final Jeopardy after all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home